Hi, I’m Luca 🚀
- I manage teams of engineers across four continents at Automattic.
- I mentor dev leads.
- I love hiking, photography, and 3D printers.
I manage a distributed team of engineers across three continents, working on one of the coolest products out there. We help people from all over the world keeping their sites safe, fast, and secure.
I mentor other dev leads, helping them overcoming their challenges, improving performance, and making their teams successful.
I am passionate about technologies that enable people to unleash their potentials, nurture their passions, and live a better life.
After high school, I thought I knew it all, and a few months into college I dropped off to make websites. I spent my twenties pretending I was able to run my freelance business. I was still living with my parents and barely making ends meet.
A pivotal moment happened in 2006 when I moved my site (this blog, actually) to WordPress and started engaging with other bloggers who quickly became friends. A few months later I started getting invitations to tech events across the world and my network grew bigger.
In 2009 I was hired by a startup to run their business in Italy, and the following year I was leading their team of international marketers across 13 countries, in Vienna, Austria.
A few years later I found myself co-founding a startup in Vienna, a photography business, and the local WordPress meetup.
Since 2019 I’ve been leading three engineering teams at Jetpack, mentoring other dev leads, and finding new ways to build excellence into our products.
I also love hiking, photography, and 3D printers.
My pronouns are he / him.
My Best Writings
- Avalanche Week: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Skiing at Forty Years of AgeAs I’m packing my gear and getting ready to spend eight days skiing in the Alps, I want to reflect on the series of events that tookContinue reading “Avalanche Week: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Skiing at Forty Years of Age”
- On Privacy, Transparency, and TrustTransformational leadership inspires positive changes in those who follow. Transformational leaders are vibrant, enthusiastic, and inspirational. Not only are these leaders committed to the process, but theyContinue reading “On Privacy, Transparency, and Trust”
- What Really Drives UsWhen I was in my twenties I spent a couple of years at the ticket office of a dance club. Young men and women ready to sweatContinue reading “What Really Drives Us”
- Decide Fast, Revert FasterWhen I was 25, I accepted a job at a local company as a software developer. I had a desk on the ground floor of a condoContinue reading “Decide Fast, Revert Faster”
- On Being HumanThe global pandemic hit me while I was visiting my spouse’s family in Udine, Italy. At that time we were expecting a baby and we decided toContinue reading “On Being Human”